|Help CAB change the way we live and work through environmental awareness and action with:
CAB is thrilled to be working closely with the Brookline Chamber of Commerce on events such as Climate Week and Green Business Expos.
recommends the following actions to the business community:
- Become a Brookline Tomorrow Partner Organization. Check the Brookline Tomorrow page for details.
- Contact NSTAR to find out about their programs for businesses. (Be aware that NSTAR has been very busy and you may have to wait for an appointment; but it's worth the time!)
- Learn about the Green Restaurant Association (GRA), a national
non-profit organization which recommends ways to use local foods and to run your food business more sustainably. The GRA
also provides a green restaurant certification program in seven environmental categories.
- Learn about the Sustainable Business Network which offers ways
to approach your business to make it more energy sustainable.
- Participate as part of CAB's Green Tools program. The program highlights tools and products such as greener paint
and cleaning products, or items that support water conservation and insulation - that help home owners and small
businesses reduce carbon emissions and save money. Current participants include Connelly Hardware, Aborn True Value
Hardware, and Economy Hardware. Read an article about the program from Hardware Retailing.